How to Write Copy That Meets Google’s Content Quality Guidelines
If you want to take your blog to the next level and improve your site’s online ranking, you need to have a good understanding of the quality guidelines which Google uses to rank content on the Internet. If you have the time, you can read through the 150-page Google Search Quality Guidelines. However, it’s likely you are too busy, so you can read this chapter to learn some tips on how to meet their content quality guidelines.
You must improve your search engine optimization (SEO) copywriting skills to give your blog content more of a chance to succeed and be read by a bigger audience. The first step is to understand what Google is looking for when ranking content online.
Learn How to Meet Google’s Content Guidelines with These Tips
Global content "raters" are contracted by Google to identify the value of content as it relates to the parameters established in their PDF guide. When you write blog and website content that meets these guidelines, that improves the chances of your work being found in search engine results pages (SERP).
· Write High-Value Content. Clearly defined content that adds value to the reader will rank higher in Google searches. You need to write blog content that is more valuable than your competitor’s blogs so that your site ranks higher in SERP. Remember that raters are checking to see how your content meets the PDF guidelines.
· Create Expert Content. The standards for quality content is high in the Google PDF. Learn as much as you can about the topic you’re writing for each blog post. Become an expert. Write content that will get picked up by other websites and linked to as a backlink—to increase your chances of ranking higher.
· Use a Conversational Tone. Gone are the days when you needed to write in a long-winded manner, sharing as much knowledge as possible. You still need to provide high-quality value to your readers. However, use a conversational tone. Google raters place a higher value on high-quality content that is written in a conversational tone. The modern reader has a lower attention span. Use a header and sub-header, shorter paragraphs, and bullet points or numbered lists. This improves conversion rate optimization (CRO).
· Improve PQ Rating. You need to place a high value on writing error-free content, but it must also engage the reader. Your content will receive a higher page quality (PQ) rating when you write dynamic content that meets the reader’s search request needs.
· Review Niche Guidelines. When writing niche content, you are required to meet a higher level of standards if you want your work to rank better. For example, “Your Money or Your Life” (YMYL) pages which provide content on finances or lifestyle advice must be written by an expert or with expertise—to rank higher in SERP. Usually this content shares financial tips, legal advice, news, or nutritional information which can impact a reader. It’s regulated more intensely by Google raters due to this impact. Google wants to rank high-value, quality content higher.
· Write Trustworthy Content. These global rates review online content to ensure that it comes from a trustworthy source that meets Google’s guidelines for Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness (EAT). One example, is that medical websites that provide content from accredited medical experts will rank higher in SERP.
Write Blogs with a Purpose
Sure, you want to write blogs that share your message, but if you want to be found by more readers, you need to write optimized content. If not, then you are wasting your time and you won’t expand your readership base as quickly as if you followed the Google content guidelines.
Don’t become a slave to SEO and lose your own unique personality and writing tone. However, find a way to effectively mesh these two factors to create the best high-value content that will get seen by more readers—as your blog climbs its way to page one on SERP.
Are You Ready to Create High-Quality Blogs?
Get started on your action plan today to write more quality content for your blog or website. Show a level of expertise with a conversational tone that truly engages the readers. Improve your PQ rating and work diligently toward meeting the expertise requirements for niche content writing.
Get started today by learning the tips outlined in this article so you can take the online world by storm and make your mark as a top ranking blogger!
About the Author
Joanne Troppello is a published author of 3 inspirational fiction novels and the Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Mustard Seed Sentinel. She has experience as a freelance writer in topics such as marketing, retail marketing, health and wellness, internet and media, travel and lifestyle, website content, recommendations for apps, and content for blogs. Visit her Amazon Author Page for more information regarding her books. Connect on Twitter.