Use Three Simple Formulas to Enhance Your Social Media Content
by Joanne Troppello
There are 3.26 billion individuals that use social media each day on their mobile devices. That is a huge untapped resource of potential readers for your blog. Of course, you need to hone your content to your specific target audience.
Having an action plan in place can help you increase your reach on social media. Review the following three basic formulas to see which one or ones you’d like to integrate into your social media content writing strategy.
1. Solve Problems with Your Social Media Content
Improve your engagement on social media by writing posts that solve problems for your followers. Describe a problem your followers may have and detail a simple solution for it.
Get in touch with the “pain points” of your followers.
· For example, as a blogger, you have something that your followers need. You have knowledge of your field of expertise. Get in touch with various groups of followers such as fellow writers, bloggers, or readers. Offer blogging or writing advice. Offer a giveaway such as an ebook or gift card.
2. Stimulate Curiosity in Discovery in Your Followers
People are overwhelmed by information these days. We get emails, texts, notifications from social media posts, and live with a 24-hour news cycle. The readers you are trying to find are also overwhelmed with the same information each day. It is easy for your social media posts to get lost amidst the constantly changing information they digest daily. You need to make a consistent, daily effort to ensure that your content stands out from the crowd.
Stimulate curiosity in your followers to want to discover more about you and your blog. Provide just the right amount of information to whet the appetite of your followers. Just don’t give everything away at once. You want to draw them in to your blog. Getting blog subscribers is your main goal. Don’t forget that.
· For example, share a snippet of how your website ranking has been organically rising in rank. Share how you have been learning some great tips about how to grow your blog readership. Sharing this type of information can spark an interest in discovery. People will start to become interested in what you are offering and they’ll click your “read more” link.
3. Cultivate Reader Engagement by Asking Questions
It seems simple but asking a question on social media platforms like Twitter can spark a discussion. Now, be prepared. Not every question will get a response. However, I have had success with this step. Some questions have gotten a lot of responses. For example, maybe you wrote a Top Ten List about some famous quotes from authors. Promote that blog post with a question like in the following tweet.
· #WritingCommunity Does anyone have any favorite quotes from famous authors to share? My favorite quote is from C.S. Lewis: “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.” Read more quotes from famous authors here.
Solve problems for your readers. Stimulate their curiosity so that they want to get to know you more. Engage with them by asking questions.
About the Author
Joanne Troppello is a published author of 3 inspirational fiction novels and the Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Mustard Seed Sentinel. She has experience as a freelance writer in topics such as marketing, retail marketing, health and wellness, internet and media, travel and lifestyle, website content, recommendations for apps, and content for blogs. Visit her Amazon Author Page for more information regarding her books. Connect on Twitter. Read more about Mustard Seed Sentinel here.